This past week I was offered a nomination for the Liebster Award by Meghan at Mesulli’s Medley of Musings
, which I gratefully accepted. I was not completely sure what it was, to be honest, but the word award was good enough for me! Reading Meghan’s article about this honor made me even happier to be a part of this. Anything which allows fellow bloggers to show support for others, and send out even a little token of much deserved recognition is a wonderful idea. I now look forward to sharing this token with four blogs that have captured my eye and attention.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is a way to highlight new bloggers with less than 200 followers. In many ways, it’s kind of a chain letter, but the blogging world is often maintained by supporting other bloggers. Let’s keep this chain of support going!
1. Thank the person/people who nominated you, and link their blog in your post.
2. Display a picture of the Liebster award in your post.
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person/people who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about you.
5. Nominate up to 11 blogs who have less than 200 followers – this is to help out other new bloggers trying to get out there!
6. Make up your own 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer.
7. List the rules in your post so they know what the Liebster Award means.
8. Don’t forget to let the people you nominated know that they have been nominated, and send them a link to your blog so they can get the information.
The Questions I am Answering:
1. What is something you would like to do to improve your life?
Further my education with a masters degree, and learn carpentry.
2. If you could be best friends with any celebrity, who would you choose?
3. What are you currently reading and why?
I am re-reading Ready Player One for a Book Group. This is my first month participating, and I am excited!
4. What are your five favorite films? Is there a common denominator between them?
The Heat, Hot Fuzz, Brick, Wall-E, and Penelope. I like girl power and interesting movies that are funny with a slightly dark bent.
5. What actor or actress deserves an Oscar who has never won one?
There are a lot of talented people that have never won, but I have to say Julianne Moore and Willem Dafoe. I had to include both.
6. What would you consider to be a perfect first date?
Geeking out about the same things, and talking for hours.
7. What things do you think you cannot live without?
My e-reader, Diet Dr. Pepper, TV, Movies, Music, my Hula Hoop, a good sized bathroom, Wine, and Cheese.
8. What did you once find frightening that no longer scares you?
Cooking with raw chicken. It was so slug like, I was horrified of touching it.
9. If you had an extra day every month that no one else had, what would you do with it?
Read, eat Cheetos, have a bubble bath, and then study something.
10. What event in history would you like to have witnessed in person?
I would like to be in New York the day World War II officially ended.
11. What’s your favorite silly joke?
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I desperately wish to get a Corgi puppy.
2. I have finally caught up on watching Orphan Black, and I identify with Alison on a scary level.
3. I plan to use a Techshop when I move in the next year to what will be my permanent home to build a crap load of bookcases and storage.
4. My husband has a yearly fancy dinner for his work, and this year I am going to wear the peach dress from the Selfie pilot! Thank you, Christmas sales!
5. I believe that wineries are a gift to my sanity.
6. Cupcakes are the best form of treat, and I love finding new recipes to try.
7. The Pioneer Woman rules my kitchen for my actual meal and even holiday recipes. She is so clear with her instructions that the dishes come out right the first time, which means I do not have to worry when trying something new.
8. I am turning into my mother, and I love it:) I really can not wait ’til I turn into my grandmother.
9. I like quality things, but always at a discount. Or a thrift store; there are some amazing ones close to me.
10. I prefer snow over the beach. Really, beaches are a no go zone for me.
11. My first piece of geek art is a Sean of the Dead cult art print. I plan to slowly add pieces to my walls. My next pick will probably be a Hark, a vagrant print
My Liebster Award Nominees:
Heather at Nerdy by Nature
The Tipsy Verse Gang
Jenn at Diary of a Dreamer
Eris at She Geeks
The Questions I am Asking Them:
1. What is your favorite thing to fangirl about?
2. Would you rather have a line hopping all access pass to a Convention or a private dinner with one celebrity of your choice? If the dinner, which celebrity?
3. Do you consider yourself more of a maker or an appreciator?
4. If you could choose to live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5. If you could choose to live in any fictional world, which would it be? (Including books set in our world ex: Jane Austin)
6. If you had access to the Star Trek Next Generation food replicator, what would you ask it for the most?
7. What would be your ideal party theme? You can also specify the kind of party, ex: tea.
8. What would be your ideal way to travel?
9. What do you enjoy the most about making your blog?
10. What do you do to relax?
11. What do you do to get in the zone? The writing/getting stuff done zone.
Good Luck and Pass it On!