The great thing about this show is I do not need to be in a certain mood to enjoy it. There is a girly energy that gets super cute and imaginative but their honest perspective keeps it from becoming too cloying.
Examples of the Garfunkel and Oates humor:
- Man balls are usually droopy and also things to be avoided if possible.
- It is a wonderful thing when a guy does not take it personally when you write ideas down for a song during sex.
- They know they should be honest and break up with you, but would rather ignore the problem until it goes away. Fadeaway!
- Everything has a porn version of itself, and they might become more successful than you.
- Chris Hardwick has a non pale penis.
- As a tribute to our generation growing up to The Little Mermaid, lets be honest about it. She gets the guy by not talking, and this sadly works in real life.
- There are a number of men that protest women having anything to do with comedy. And Riki and Kate have nowhere near the time required in this lifetime to give them all the attention these men need to stop being an ass.
- Facebook is full of possible acquaintances with Birthdays etc. so all Birthday reminders get a message whether they remember who you are or not. And they blame you, so stop being boring and forgettable!
- Blonds are treated with an amount of hostility by other women,and Riki is willing to relinquish this power of being semi hated by women and lusted after by men through the use of wigs.
- If you are topless in a horror movie, the director will only be feeling it if you are a blond.
- “I felt your vagina fall asleep on my penis!”
- Weed cards make fun legal, and everyone has enough wrong with them to warrant a prescription. All you have to do is be honest with yourself about the many things wrong with you. Also, if there is nothing wrong with you, you have led an empty life.
- “Meditation is like giving a bullhorn to all the thoughts I have quieted with television.”
- If you wait too long to have a baby your eggs might turn into an “Of Mice and Men” situation. At least in Riki’s fearful yet eloquent imagination.
|George and Lenny eggs|
- Riki used her actual experiences with the process of freezing her eggs for the last two episodes of the season. Watching these, I felt they were incredibly cathartic and genuine. After they have learned about themselves through difficult yet enriching experiences, the season ends in an emotional and triumphant kazoo parade.