They really hit the ground running with the second season premiere, and thus cements itself as one of my favorite shows. Things that I love:
- Reed Diamond shows up as the nazi immortal bad guy of the season, complete with evil glasses. He cleans them as he plots. Having last seen him in Whedons’ Dollhouse and Much Ado About Nothing, I am aware of just how good and playfully bad he can be. Big gold star on casting.
- Patton Oswalt! I look forward to a conversation between Billy and Ward. At the moment the scene in my head is like Patton meeting Tahmoh Penikett in Dollhouse. Except a bit more hostile.
- Skye is turning very Melinda May.
- Trip talking about Patton theories. Is he really Eric? Is he a clone? He has a looot of brothers.
- Ward without his blank man disguise. His facade is down, and he is one intense, messed up in the head bad guy. The actor, Brett Dalton, is having a grand old time with this. Anyone that said these actors were cast simply for their looks last season should probably take that back now.
- Coulson and Billy playing with technologies and strategies together! Yes!
- Fitz and Simmons. Wow, ouch, but very well played. Classic Whedon right there.
- This episode just blew me away, top marks in all categories.